A well-rounded mirrorless camera for both stills and video use, the black EOS M6 from Canon offers apt imaging qualities with a refined, functional physical design. Making use of a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, both high-resolution stills and Full HD 1080p/60 video can be recorded, while the DIGIC 7 image processor affords a wide expanded sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600, along with quick continuous shooting up to 9 fps. The sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both stills and video use. Additionally, Combination IS 5-axis image stabilization also helps to realize steady, shake-free recording by minimizing the appearance of camera shake.
Alongside the imaging attributes, the EOS M6 also incorporates a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive control, and the screen's design tilts to enable easier shooting from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 9 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to a 60 fps frame rate. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera startup time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Combination IS
- Combination IS uses the built-in 5-axis digital image stabilization in conjunction with lens-based image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilization.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a tilting design (180° upward, 45° downward) to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Compatible with optional external EVF-DC2 for eye-level monitoring.
- Five function dials can be used for intuitive settings adjustments, and each can be customized to adjust specific functions for more personalized control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- The included LP-E17 lithium-ion battery offers approximately 295 shots per charge, or 425 shots when working in Eco mode.
- Manual pop-up flash is available for additional illumination.
- EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives with a 28.8-240mm equivalent focal length range. An optimized optical design maintains even illumination and sharpness throughout the zoom range while a maximum magnification ratio of 0.31x benefits working with close-up subjects. An Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake and works in conjunction with the camera's Digital IS for more effective shake reduction.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-M|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: H.264, MP4
Audio: AAC LC
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Way|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Video Format||1920 x 1080p at 59.94 fps (35 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 29.97 fps (24 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
1280 x 720p at 59.94 fps (16 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
640 x 480p at 29.97 fps (3 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Min 59 Sec|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video)
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 49|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (1,040,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-6400 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)|
|Shutter||30 - 1/4000 Second|
|Remote Control||RS-60E3, RC-6, RA-E3 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Evaluative metering, Partial Metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 1.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 9 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 17 frames in raw format
Up to 9 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 26 frames in JPEG format
Up to 7 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 31 frames in JPEG format
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 1000 frames in JPEG format
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 30 frames in raw format
|Guide No.||16.4' (5 m) ISO100|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Start-up Time||1 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB|
|Battery||1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||ACK-E17 (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.4 x 2.7 x 1.8" / 112.0 x 68.0 x 44.5 mm|
|Weight||13.757 oz / 390 g with battery and memory card|
|Focal Length||18 - 150mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28.8 - 240 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3|
|Angle of View||74° 20' - 27° 50'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" (25 cm)|
|Filter Thread||Front: 55 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.40 x 3.41" (60.9 x 86.5 mm)|
|Weight||10.58 oz (300 g)|
|Package Weight||2.7 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.7 x 6.6 x 5.4"|
|Solid State Drive||N/A|